Support Available Includes:
- Quarterly newsletter: For carers and professionals.
- Carer’s Helpline Monday to Friday 9-5: Offering information, advice and support to carers and professionals.
- Monthly support groups: Social group for carers in Frodsham, Winsford, Northwich, Neston and Chester to encourage peer support and to give a break from the caring role. Refreshments included.
- Regular training for carers: Training takes place in Northwich, Chester and Ellesmere Port and covers topics such as First Aid, Moving and Handling.
- Benefits advice, form filling and advocacy: Help with filling in forms for Blue Badge, Attendance Allowance, Carer’s Allowance, Disability Living Allowance and PIP. Help with appeals and benefits checks.
- Weekly drop ins: Regular drop ins at Northwich, Chester and Ellesmere Port resource centres – call in for information, advice and support.
- Monthly lunch clubs: Lunch club in Northwich, Chester and Ellesmere Port for carers including light lunch and a speaker.
- Events for carers throughout the year: Including Carers Celebration Day, Carers Rights Day and days out.
- Working carer groups and carer support: Regular working carer evening groups in Northwich and Chester, and specialist working carer support for those carers who juggle a paid job with their caring role. Support for employers to become carer friendly.
- Early identification of carers in Primary Care: Working with GPs to identify new carers at an early stage in their caring role and refer them to appropriate support services
- Personal Budget: To help carers access a break from their caring role. Each break is personalised to the carer. Examples of past breaks include visiting relatives, a gym membership, a day out or theatre trip.
- Carers in Crisis Fund: Small amount of money available to carers who find themselves in financial difficulty. At the discretion of the Chief Officer.
Use our sign up form on our website or call our Helpline: 0300 102 0008 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to access these services
Please follow and like us: