If you care for a child or young person who has a disability or has additional needs, age up to 19 years ,and live in Cheshire East or Cheshire West and Chester we have a range of specialist services to support you.
BBC Children in Need Project – for parent carers living in Cheshire East or Cheshire West and Chester:
- This project is based at Hebden Green Community School in Winsford and offers an annual Family Fun event offering a range of fun and inclusive activities and information stalls for the whole family to enjoy. During school holidays similar smaller events are offered enabling families to meet together over the holidays and enjoy some fun and learning activities.
If you live in Cheshire East:
The Cheshire East Parent Carer Information & Support Service
- Monthly Social & Support groups / coffee mornings in Crewe (first Monday of the month 10am-12noon at Autism Inclusive Brierley Business Centre, Mirion Street Crewe CW1 2AZ) Macclesfield (first Wednesday of the month 10am-12noon at Space4Autism, 1B Lowe Street, Macclesfield, SK11 7NJ) Congleton (second Wednesday of the month 10am-12noon at Ruby’s Sensory Centre, Row Street, Congleton CW12 1PG) and Poynton (second Monday of the month 6.30-8.30pm at Poynton Methodist Church, Civic Way, Poynton SK12 1RB) These sessions enable parent carers to “drop in” for information, advice, and support. The sessions are informal and new carers are very welcome. Talking to others in a similar situation can be very helpful. There are often speakers from organisations who may be able to support you and your family or sometimes a fun activity to enable you to enjoy a break from caring.
- Newsletters. Join our mailing list to receive a newsletter every term and regular e-newsletters aimed at keeping you up to date about local news, events and services
- Annual Family Day. This event offers a an opportunity for the whole family to enjoy some inclusive activities and learn about local services and organisations.
- Family Activity Events. Held during the school holidays and / or weekends throughout the year to enable parent carers and their families to enjoy some fun activities together
- Carers Caravan (located in Prestatyn, North Wales) low cost holidays and breaks
- Dedicated information, advice and support available – the service works closely with a range of local organisatons and can signpost you to relevant agencies
If you live in Cheshire West and Chester:
- Annual Family Fun Day – an opportunity for the whole family (including wider family members) to enjoy an inclusive event with free activities to enjoy
- Monthly Social & Support groups / coffee mornings in Northwich (second Thursday of the month at Carers Centre, 146 London Road, Northwich CW9 5HH 10am-12noon) and Ellesmere Port (third Friday of the month at St Thomas Church Hall, Whitby Road, Ellesmere Port CH65 6UW 10am – 12noon). The sessions are informal and new carers are very welcome. Talking to others in a similar situation can be very helpful. There are often speakers from organisations who may be able to support you and your family or sometimes a fun activity to enable you to enjoy a break from caring.
We also offer one-off events to enable parent carers to meet together to share experiences or enjoy a break. Please register with us to receive notifications and invitations to these events